Stonehenge + Magna Carta Tour
Full Day Tour: 8.00am - 5.00pm
Day trip starts and ends at your hotel/accommodation in central London.
Graham is your guide and driver throughout the day.
Stone age super structure, glorious Gothic construction and the framework of democracy.
1) Stonehenge: UNESCO World Heritage Site. A mystical and mysterious place. A pre-historic site of ritual and religion.
The 5000 year old stone circle has been attracting worshipers and visitors for millennia. It's a beautiful example of how ancient mankind had the ability to transform their landscape.
Cutting a swathe through Salisbury Plain the entire 'ritual' site is vast, predating even the stone circle. The stones are definitely the centrepiece, but there is more to see.
A modern Visitor Centre exhibits the stories and archaeology of this mysterious monument. Objects and treasures found throughout the site are displayed and explained too.
By the time we leave you'll know your megalithic from your neolithic and a disc barrow from a druid priest.
2) Salisbury Cathedral: 13th century Gothic masterpiece. Revolutionary, beautiful and home to an original Magna Carta.
This awe inspiring Cathedral has the tallest spire in Britain, magnificent stone decoration and stunning stained glass windows. It has been home to one of only four original copies of Magna Carta (the Great Charter) since King John set his seal in 1215.
Price excludes admission to Stonehenge (£17.50pp). Tickets must be purchased online and Graham will provide the link in his booking confirmation. Salisbury Cathedral is free entry.
For parties up to four this tour may be done in my Jeep (see photos).
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service - pick up and drop off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Day Trip takes place Monday - Thursday only.
- Graham (that's me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the tour.
- Many stops for photo opps and some walking.
- Payment for tours is on the day: cash or card. $ & € accepted.
Stonehenge + Magna Carta Tour - features & gallery
- Salisbury Cathedral
- Magna Carta
- Pick up & return to your hotel