Stratford-upon-Avon + Oxford Tour
Full Day Tour: 8.00am - 6.00pm
Day trip starts and ends at your hotel/accommodation in central London.
Graham is your guide and driver throughout the day.
Walking in Shakespeare's footsteps, a drive through Cotwolds country, and a tour of the broad and narrow streets of Oxford.
1) Stratford-upon-Avon: is all about William Shakespeare. His birthplace, home base and burial space are all on my walking tour. This very pleasant ancient market town is, in fact, full of Shakespeare related sights - all on our walk through the old town centre. We'll probably stop for a light lunch at one of Stratford's many cafe's.
2) The Cotswolds: is on our route to Oxford. We'll drive across the edge of one of England's famous rural areas, taking in some lovely old villages as we go. If time allows we may stop in Bladon to see Winston Churchill's grave.
3) Oxford: the 'city of dreaming spires', medieval colleges and some rather significant old buildings. My walk will encompass the history, architecture and people - lots of people - who were made by Oxford and helped make its name.
For parties up to four - this tour may be done in my Jeep (see photos).
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service - pick up and drop off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Day Trip takes place Monday - Thursday only.
- Graham (that's me) is 'to be' your tour guide and driver, providing full commentary throughout the tour, forsooth.
- There are two walking tours and lots of stops for photo opportunities
- Payment for tours is on the day: cash or card. $ & € accepted.
Stratford-upon-Avon + Oxford Tour - features & gallery
- Shakespeare - birth place, home base and burial space
- Stratford-upon-Avon old town
- Cotswolds - an area of outstanding natural beauty
- Oxford - University, City and sights
- Pick up & return to your hotel