English Countryside Tour
Full Day Countryside Tour: 9.00am - 4.00pm.
Day Trip starts & ends at your hotel or anywhere in central London.
Graham is your guide and driver throughout the day.
Beautiful English countryside begins...just outside London. Our tour takes us to the Chiltern Hills, officially designated an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' (AONB). Only 33 such areas exist in all of England.
The Chilterns are less than a 90 minute drive from central London. The idea behind this tour is that we spend time sightseeing and visiting beautiful countryside locations, NOT driving for hours and hours. This is how your day might go:
Definitely: ancient villages, medieval churches, nice old pubs (for eating & drinking), winding lanes, rolling hills, wooded glades + Film & TV locations (Chitty Chitty, Vicar of Dibley, Midsomer Murders).
Maybe: bluebell woodlands (in spring), grazing muntjack deer (they’re quite shy), cows, sheep, sun, blue skies, cloud, rain or snow (dress for the weather).
The English Countryside Tour lasts for 7 hours. Expenses for food and drink are not included.
- Graham (that's me) is your tour guide and driver, providing commentary throughout the day.
- Many stops for photo opps and a bit of walking.
- Door-2-Door service - pick up and drop off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Payment for tours is on the day: cash or card. $ & € accepted.
English Countryside Tour - features & gallery
- Chiltern Hills
- Ancient villages
- Medieval churches
- Traditional English pubs
- Film & TV locations
- Pick up & return to your hotel